WHEN: 28 February 2019
WHERE: Herbert Smith Freehills, London
As the Brexit deadline draws closer, join industry experts for up-to-the-minute insights and analysis at the RICS & CRE (European Chapter) Brexit Conference.
Taking place just one month before the proposed date of withdrawal, the conference will take stock of what is known and what is yet undecided about the UK’s departure from the European Union. Delegates will join speakers drawn from the worlds of finance and law, and the professions of the built and natural environment.
The debate will centre on the probable economic consequences of Brexit for the UK, the 27 remaining member states and the bloc’s global trading partners. Many vital questions about the UK’s future relationship with the EU and the wider world remain unanswered, while Brussels has sought to avert the risk of Brexit contagion.
- Hear a macroeconomic view of the UK’s short, middle and long-term future, including best and worst-case scenarios in specific sectors and the overall economy.
- Gain an insight into the key legal issues around Brexit, with a focus on areas of law relating to the professions of the built and natural environment.
- Assess the challenges and opportunities arising out of Brexit for the real estate investment sector in the UK, across Europe and further afield.
- Consider the future of the European project with a focus on the threat to continued free movement of goods, services, capital and people, the momentum of the populist wave and the potential ramifications of Brexit contagion across the continent.
Speakers will include:
- Baron Jonathan Hill of Oareford, formerly European Commissioner for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union
- Paul Tebbit, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager – UK Property Fund, BlackRock
- Petr Barton, Chief Economist, Natland Group
- Warwick Lightfoot, Head of Economics and Social Policy, Policy Exchange
- Phil Clark, Head of Property Investment, Kames Capital
- Vicky Pryce, Economist, and Business Consultant
- Jon Neale, Director – Head of Research, JLL
- John Plender, Columnist, Financial Times
- Paul Butcher, Brexit Director, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Nick Chatzitsolis, Managing Director, CBRE Greece
- Walter Boettcher, Chief Economist – Director of Research and Forecasting, Colliers International
- Dorothy Livingston, Consultant – Competition, Regulation and Trade, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Simon Rubinsohn, Chief Economist, RICS
- Hans Vrensen, Managing Director – Head of Research and Strategy, AEW
- Sue Forster, Chief Executive, Property Investment Forum
- Jeremy Walden, Regional Head of Practice – Real Estate UK and EMEA, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Peter Cosmetatos, Chief Executive Officer, CREFC Europe
- Stephanie McMahon, Head of Research, BNP Paribas
- Tom Claridge, Director and Head of Fixed Income, Julius Baer
- Gavin Williams, Partner – Corporate, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Jonathan Harris, Past-President, RICS and Vice-Chair, CRE European Chapter
- Tomáš Ctibor, FRICS, CRE, Founder of 4ct